I am participating in the A Round of Words in 80 days and this is my goals post for the round starting April 7. I am also a sponsor this round, which is totally exciting. To see so many writers work on their projects and cheer them on.
Check out the other Goals Posts on the Linky List.
I have a lot of open projects at the moment. The overarching goal is to finish (some) of these projects.
- Finish Novella #2 of Crossing the Dropline – ~2-3K left
- Edit Novella #2 of Crossing the Dropline – Editting 27K
- Write Novella #3 – 8K done, another 17K to write
- Write standalones in the Dropline world – Keeper of the Trees and Catman each aiming at 20K words
- I could go back to Jahn’s story, which is the unfinished novel that spawned the Dropline world.
Goals for ROW80
In the spirit of the Round of Words, I will set some specific measurable goals.
I will write at least 1000 words and edit for a half and hour, 5 out of the 7 days of the week.
That should garner me a little over 60K words across the project, which should be enough for Novella #3 and both standalones. Once I get into writing, I often can write very fast, so I am hoping for a lot more, but trying to keep the goal attainable and meaningful to accomplish. The 5 out of 7 means I still should have time to sleep/blog/hang out with my wife/hold down a job. Editing time is the added challenge, but is aimed at producing a publishable Novella #2 as soon as possible.
If you are a writer with a blog, definitely swing by the ROW80 and join in. You can join in even after the round has begun on April 7th 2014, so no excuses just because you came later.